MY WORK RÉSUMÉ
NATIONAL BOARD OF PROFESSIONAL TEACHING STANDARDS (2004)
National Board Certification in Adolescent and Young Adulthood Science
Specialty in Physics
Nashville, TN (1982-1984)
M.S. Molecular Biology (Immunology), 1984
NIH Cell/Molecular Biology Training Grant Recipient
TRINITY COLLEGE, Hartford, CT (1978-1982)
B.S. Biology, 1982
OF NORTH FLORIDA, Jacksonville, FL (1998-1999)
C Programming, Computational Structures, Linear Algebra, Data Structures, Computability/Automata, Computer Hardware, and Visual Basic coursework complete.
2017-Present: THE BOLLES SCHOOL (UPPER SCHOOL, SAN JOSE CAMPUS), Jacksonville, FL
· Teacher – Physics, AP Physics 1, Algebra 2
COUNTY SCHOOL BOARD, Jacksonville, FL
(Florida Teaching Certificate - High School Physics/Biology/Chemistry/Mathematics, Middle School Science)
ANDERSON SCHOOL OF THE ARTS, 1985-1998, 2003-Present
· Teacher – Secondary Science (Physics and Biology
Chemistry I Standard and Honors), Mathematics (AP Calculus, Algebra II Honors, Geometry Honors) and
Musical Theatre; Certified Peer Teacher (Florida Performance
· Yearbook Advisor
· School Technology Contact - PC hardware and software maintenance, support, training; grant writing.
· Student Activities Director - Supervision/coordination of all school activities, field trips, and fundraising.
· Public Relations Director
· Science Department Chairman
· Curriculum/Test Writer - District level creation of science and theatre curricula; also Technical Support for all Curriculum/Test Writers.
SCHOOL FOR ADVANCED STUDIES, 2000-2003
· Teacher – Geometry Honors, Pre-IB Study Skills, Physics I Honors, Pre-IB Physics
· Technology Contact - PC hardware and software maintenance, support, training.
· International Baccalaureate Coordinator - Supervision/coordination of school’s IB Program.
· Magnet Lead Teacher – Coordination of recruitment and county liaison for Magnet Program.
ENGLEWOOD SENIOR HIGH SCHOOL, 1984-1985
· Teacher – Secondary Science (Chemistry I and Earth Science).
· Television Host/Teacher - Writer and host for weekly public television instructional science program.
2004-2006: FOLIO WEEKLY, Jacksonville, FL
· Contributing Writer - Biweekly Arts columnist
JACKSONVILLE, Jacksonville, FL
· Webmaster - Design, creation, and maintenance of theatre's website.
Summer 2003: FLORIDA
COMMUNITY COLLEGE AT JACKSONVILLE,
· Playwriting/Acting Coach - FCCJ South Campus Summer Arts Institute.
INFORMATION MANAGEMENT SERVICES (SIMS)
DUVAL COUNTY SCHOOL BOARD, Jacksonville, FL
· Coordinator – Database administrator, Visual Basic programmer, web site creator/administrator, grade scanning, file uploading/downloading, remote printing support, PC support/training.
UNIVERSITY, Jacksonville, FL
· Adjunct Faculty - Immunology instructor (BLY 308).
COMMUNITY COLLEGE, Jacksonville, FL
(Kent, Deerwood, and South Campuses)
· Adjunct Faculty - General Biology and Anatomy/Physiology instructor for (BSC 1005, 2010C, and 2085C).
OF NORTH FLORIDA, Jacksonville, FL
· Adjunct Faculty - Laboratory instructor in General Biology (BSC 2010C).
BOUND, Jacksonville University, Jacksonville, FL
· Teacher of Biology - U.S. Government program for financially-disadvantaged students.
UNIVERSITY, Nashville, TN
· Graduate Teaching Assistant - Molecular Biology, Immunology.
· Laboratory Research Student - Characterization of immune system factors.
Summer 1982: ASSOCIATED
STAFFING/FLORIDA NATIONAL BANK, Jacksonville, FL
· Temporary Accountant - Daily/monthly accounting for several branches.
COLLEGE, Hartford, CT
· Teaching Assistant - Laboratory instructor (Biology and Vertebrate Zoology)..
· Curator’s Assistant - Cataloguing; clerical assistance; exhibit preparation (Watkinson Library).
· Laboratory Research Student – Endocrinology of sexual differentiation of brain tissue.
1980-1981: INNER CITY SUMMER LUNCH PROGRAM COMMUNITY
ACTION AGENCY, New Haven, CT
· Administrative Assistant - Local, state, and federal bookkeeping; coordination of site personnel.
Summer 1979: YALE
UNIVERSITY SCHOOL OF PUBLIC HEALTH, New Haven,
· Computer Coder - Coding for epidemiological study of nuclear fabrications employees.
· Cashier/Shift Supervisor - Daily/weekly store accounting; money distribution/deposition.
PROGRAMMING EXPERIENCE: Visual Basic 6 (including database), C (with Data Structures), beginning HTML
Internet Applications including most recent versions of MS Intenet
Explorer and Firefox; web site creation/administration
Windows (through XP)/Macintosh Operating Systems; most recent
versions of Microsoft Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint, Outlook,
FrontPage and Works; PageMaker; DreamWeaver
MASTER’S THESIS: Purification and Partial Characterization of Thymocyte Stimulatory Factor (Interleukin 2) from Rat Thymus.
INDEPENDENT STUDY: The Effect of Reserpine on
the Testosterone-Induced Defeminization of the Neonatal Female Rat
SOCIAL ORGANIZATIONS AND INTERESTS
THEATRICAL GROUPS: THEATRE JACKSONVILLE, PLAYERS BY-THE-SEA THEATRE, JACKSONVILLE ACTOR’S THEATRE, JACKSONVILLE UNIVERSITY, YOUTH OF THE BEACHES ARTS GUILD, OASIS THEATRE, LIMELIGHT THEATRE, ATLANTIC BEACH EXPERIMENTAL THEATRE - Jacksonville and Jacksonville Beach, FL (1985-Present)
· Actor, Director, Board Administrator, Repertory Chair, Graphic Design, Set Design, Choreography
GROUPS: ORANGE PARK CHORALE AND ENSEMBLE
· Tenor, Board Member
PERSONAL INTERESTS: Webpage Design, Desktop Publishing, Graphic Design/Drawing, Creative Writing, Playwriting, Reading, Musical Theatre.
AWARDS AND RECOGNITIONS:
Board Certification in Adolescent and Young Adulthood Science with
Specialty in Physics (2004)
Target Teacher Scholarship Recipient (1998)
Duval County Teacher of the Year Semifinalist (1996-1997)
Douglas Anderson School of the Arts Teacher of the Year (1996-1997)
First Coast Manufacturer’s Association Outstanding Contribution to Science Education (1997)
Northeast Florida National Engineers Week Teacher of the Year (1996-1997)
Sallie Mae Beginning Teacher Award Nominee (1985)
NIH Cell/Molecular Biology Training Grant Recipient (1982-1983)